Silversonic | Intro Diving
Great Barrier Reef Day Tour
Departs Port Douglas
Silversonic is THE tour from Port Douglas for those chasing elite level snorkelling and a premium experience day tour.
LIVE BOOKING AND AVAILABILITY
Itinerary schedule times may vary dependent on sites visited
8.15am – Arrive at Reef Marina, Port Douglas -Vessel boarding – Complimentary tea and coffee, light breakfast/pastries served
8.30am – Depart for Outer Barrier Reef
10.15am – Arrive at 1st Agincourt Reef Site
11.30am – Transit to 2nd Agincourt Reef Site
12.00noon – Buffet lunch served
1.40pm – Transit to 3rd Agincourt Reef Site
2.30pm – Afternoon tea served
2.50pm – Board vessel
3.00pm – Commencethe relaxing return journey to Port Douglas
4.30pm – Arrive back at Reef Marina
4.55pm – Coaches depart for accommodation
Boarding time: 8am
Returns to Port Douglas: 4.30pm
Transfers are available from Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodation.
Return coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation
Return trip to the reef on Silversonic from Port Douglas
Morning and afternoon tea
Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins)
Snorkel briefing at each site
Qualified lifeguard supervision
Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit
Guided Snorkel Tour
Prescription masks available free of charge
Reef environmental charges of AU*$6.50pp payable is payable on day of travel.
Fuel Surcharge: it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to your ticket price. In such cases any charge will be collected on departure.
Sunglasses & hat
Open Dated Booking Notice
If you are booking open dated, we will require 3 Day notice.
Reconfirm your booking
We require all bookings to be reconfirmed with us 1 Day before your scheduled start.
Refunds will be processed according to the following time frames…
- • Cancellations within 2 Day of the start date incur a 100.00% fee.
- • Between 2 Day and 7 Day incur a 50.00% fee.
Conditions of Carriage:
A ticket is issued by Quicksilver Connections Ltd (hereinafter called “the company”) and accepted by the passenger subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The ticket entitles the passenger to transportation as indicated on the face hereof (hereinafter called ‘the service’) subject to the terms and conditions hereinafter appearing.
- The company reserves the right to cancel or vary the service in any way whatsoever without any liability to the passenger.
- This ticket is not transferable and must be presented to the company to enable the passenger to travel on the service.
- The company is not a common carrier and reserves the right at its own discretion to refuse to carry any passenger or goods without assigning any reason.
- The passenger shall not take onto the vessel or include in his/her luggage any explosives, volatile spirits, corrosives, any easily ignitable article or offensive thing likely to cause inconvenience to other passengers or to endanger the vessel, other passengers or goods. The passenger indemnifies the company for any loss and damage caused by or arising from the carriage of the passenger’s goods.
- The company accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to luggage or loss, damage or injury to the passenger arising out of or in any way incidental or connected to the service or the accommodation of the passenger or the transfer of any luggage between the vehicle and/or the vessel and/or any place of accommodation by events which are beyond our control or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
- The passenger shall comply with the instructions of the company’s servants and agents concerning all matters connected with the service and shall comply with any notice exhibited on the vessel.
- The passenger whilst on the vessel shall not consume any intoxicating beverage unless it has been supplied to him/her on board by servants of the company.
- The company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury which may arise or be alleged to arise in the event of the cancellation of the service or the abandonment of the service during the course thereof (should the company or any of its servants or agents in their absolute discretion decide that such abandonment is necessary) or of any deviation or delay in the service arising from any cause whatsoever. In any such event the company shall not be liable in any way for the cost of any accommodation or for any alternative means of travel which may arise and any additional expense so arising shall be the sole liability and responsibility of the passenger.
- The company may arrange for any other person to undertake the service and such person shall be entitled to the benefit of these conditions to the same extent as the company as if such person were a party to this contract.
- The company reserves the right, in the event of a ticket or booking being cancelled by the passenger, to charge cancellation fees in accordance with the company’s current scale of refunds.
- This contract is subject to and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland and the passenger agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State.
- These conditions of carriage shall be read and construed subject to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Commonwealth) and any amending legislation.
- No condition of carriage other than set out in this ticket will be recognized. This contract may only be varied by agreement in writing between the company and the passenger. Note:- “verbal promises by booking agents or clerks are not binding on the company and will not be recognized by the company.”
As Port Douglas fastest reef vessel, you’ll be pleased to know the tour boasts 5 hours of actual time on the reef. You can expect some of Far North Queensland’s best reefs located at the Agincourt Ribbon reefs at the edge of the outer continental shelf.
The legends behind Silversonic are the Quicksilver Group. These guys have a whopping 23 exclusive reef sites to choose from. During your full day adventure you’ll visit 3 of these unique reef locations where you can snorkel or optionally add on introductory or certified scuba dives.
Expect exquisite underwater coral and reef formations, thousands of tropical fish and marine life. If you’re lucky you may even see turtles, reef sharks or giant rays.
Onboard the vessel boasts computer operated ride stabilisers that offer a smoother journey to and from each snorkelling location.
The crew are through and through true ocean lovers. You’ll enjoy the complimentary reef naturalist talk where you can learn everything you need to know about the Barrier Reef.
Healthy and delicious eats featuring morning tea of fresh focaccias and muffins followed by a 5 star quality hot and cold tropical buffet. Cheese and crackers platter for the way home (for those still feeling peckish).
Top of the range snorkel and diving equipment along with exceptional guides and marine experts make for one hell of a reef experience.
The Great Barrier Reef is a must do, once in a lifetime kind of experience. We recommend you do it the best way possible so look no further than Silversonic.
Simon was such a great teacher when it came to my first attempt at scuba diving. He talked me through my breathing and was super friendly and encouraging. Our 3 dive sites were so beautiful and very different from each other. What a fantastic day out.