3 Day 2 Night Tag Along Tour
Includes 2 Nights Accom in Noosa (Pre & Post)
FACT ALERT: Sometimes palm trees and beach side pool’s just don’t cut it If eco-friendly beach camping, traditional Aussie BBQ’s and a couple drinks at sunset is your kinda vibe then stick around and find out everything you need to know about Palace Adventures. If this isn't sweet enough already, Nomads Noosa have you covered with your pre and post accommodation included in the price.
LIVE BOOKING AND AVAILABILITY
Fraser Tour Itinerary:
Day 1 – (please be advised that this is a recommended itinerary and is subject to change due to weather and tide conditions)
- Tour departs first thing from Nomads Hostel in Noosa
- You will have transfers included with your group to Rainbow Beach where you will pick up your 4WD
- Ferry from Inskip Point to Fraser Island
- Drive on famous 75-mile beach
- Head to Lake Wabby and/or Lake Birrabeen
- Enjoy lunch with rest of your group
- Explore rainforest at Wanggoolba Creek & Central Station
- Drive through the rainforest back to camp
- Enjoy sunset and dinner with your group
- Check out the stars at night. Camp out on the beach.
DAY 2 –
- Basic brekkie before heading off to Fraser’s highlights.
- Visit Eli Creek for a swim in its fresh waters
- Explore the world famous Maheno Shipwreck.
- Lunch on the move
- Quick stop at ‘pinnacles’ coloured sands.
- Indian head lookout & champagne pools.
- Head back to camp for the final night.
- Enjoy dinner with your group.
DAY 3 –
- Last brekkie on the island
- Drive to Lake Mckenzie – Relax and enjoy the white silica sand
- Lunch before making your way to ferry to return to shore.
- Depart the Island at approximately 2:30pm.
- Drop the 4WD’s back at Rainbow Beach
- Transfer back to Noosa arriving at around 5pm
*Tour itinerary and visitation to all attractions is subject to the island’s conditions, tides, weather and National Park permit constrictions.
Open dated bookings – allow a minimum of 14 days notice to book
Tour cancellation less than 72 hours prior departure and no-shows incur 100% cancellation fee . Changes permitted up to 72 hours prior departure
No pick ups provided – You must make your own way to check in.
Departs on Saturdays from either:
44 Noosa Dr, Noosa Heads QLD 4567 at 7am
BP Garage Rainbow Beach at 9am
All bookings MUST reconfirm 48hrs in advance
All passengers must attend compulsory safety briefing the day before their tour departs at Nomads Noosa at 6pm
2 nights shared tent camping at eco-beach camp
Foam camping mattress
4WD Vehicle Hire
Professional and knowledgeable guide
Return ferry transfer to the Island
Passengers wishing to drive must be a minimum 21yrs of age, and hold a valid drivers licence ( minimum 2 years driving experience necessary).
Security Bond: A $ 250 cash security bond will be collected on arrival at Rainbow Beach. Please ensure you have cash with you, there will not be any ATM’s to use in Rainbow Beach. Your bond will be given back to you in cash at the end of your tour providing the vehicles are returned without damage. Alternatively you can pay $10 cash non-refundable excess reduction fee.
Sleeping Bag is included in the price
Open dated bookings – allow a minimum of 14 days notice to book
All Palace Adventures tours are subject to weather conditions, minimum touring numbers of 8 passengers (or management’s discretion) and minimum driver numbers of one (1) driver per vehicle. Palace Adventures reserves the right to suspend a tour based on non-complying conditions and reschedule guests to another day of touring departure.
Changes to confirmed dates must be made at Palace Fraser Island Adventures and are subject to availability as per our 7 day cancellation and change policy. Tickets are non-transferable and cannot be substituted for cash or any other product. All prices subject to change. Palace Adventures recommends all guests have travel insurance before participating on our tours.
- Tour and accommodation cancellations made less than 7 days prior to departure will result in a 100% cancellation fee.
- Failure to show for accommodation or any tour booked with Palace Fraser Island Adventures or Nomads Noosa Backpackers will forfeit full cost.
- Partial cancellations of one (or multiple) tour components(s) are not permitted.
- Rare tour cancellations made at the decision of Palace Fraser Island Adventures require guest re-booking and are subject to availability. This includes, but is not limited to, cancellations due to unfavourable weather conditions or National Park closure.
Date changes incur a $40 surcharge per passenger.
- All package accommodation includes shared dormitory accommodation in a 16 bed mixed dorm.
- Marine and National Park Fees are included in the tour price, unless otherwise stated.
- Some additional fees may apply for Fraser Island touring, including; food, beverage and vehicle bond costs.
Firstly, this is a 3 day 2 night Tag Along Tour. Tag-a-long tours allow solo travellers and groups of friends to band together and travel around Fraser with absolute ease. You’ll travel in a convoy led by a vehicle driven by your guide. Good guides can be hard to come by but luckily Palace Adventures aren’t short of a few Aussie bushmen who love nothing more than showing their beautiful backyard to adventure seekers from far and wide.
Fraser Islands 75-mile beach will be your highway to the highlights. Here, your guide will navigate you around planes landing on the beach, shark fishermen chancing it on the shoreline and the ever surprising tides that rise and fall every six hours. Lake Mckenzie, Maheno Shipwreck and Champagne Pools are among just a handful of the highlights you’ll see on the trip. Being able to spend 3 full days allows you the perfect amount of time to get around to each place without having to check your stopwatch every 15 mins.
Bit worried about driving? Don’t be. Whilst Fraser Island does offer up some pretty challenging terrain, it’s not like we’re asking you to cross The Sahara. we think that with a bit of guidance, you’ll be right.
Beach Camping. Off-road 4WD’s. Incredible nature. New friends. We think that’s pretty special.
Need somewhere to stay before and after? …We’ve got you covered.
No worries, you have 2 nights hostel dorm accommodation included in this packages which can be used before & after your tour.
We LOVED it!
The campsite is provides with 2ppl tents, toilets and a kitchen/ hang out area. There are no showers but who needs those at an adventure trip anyways?!