Certified Scuba Dive
Byron Bay Dive Center
Got a free day in The Bay? Check. Thirst for Adventure? Check. Scuba Diving Certified? Check.
Boom! Book yourself a Certified Dive in Byron Bay then why don’t ya? Byron Bay’s Julian Rocks Marine Park is unlike other dive sites you may have been to. Not only is it just a 10-minute boat ride from shore, it is ranked as one of Australia’s top 5 snorkel & dive destinations.
LIVE BOOKING AND AVAILABILITY
Certified Dive Itinerary:
Meet at Byron Bay Dive Centre
Provide voucher & dive certification
Mandatory Safety Briefing and Paperwork
Gear Up (All equipment included)
Transfer down to launch site
Boat ride out to Julian Rocks
1 hour certified scuba dive
Return back to shore
Transfer back to Dive Centre
Not suitable for children under 12 years
All participants must be able to swim
Failure to arrive 30 minutes before the tour for this lesson will result in you not being able to participate and no refund will be given.
No Pick Up Provided
Departs 9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay
All bookings MUST reconfirm 24hrs in advance.
Boat ride out to Julian’s Rock
1 hour certified scuba dive
Full Equipment hire
Underwater Camera (Optional)
- All participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water for all tours, no exceptions.
- If you have not snorkelled before you will be required to complete a snorkel lesson before the tour commences.
- All certified divers must provide proof of certification.
- All tours are dependent on sea and weather conditions being suitable on the day.
- Short notice cancellations can occur due to changes in weather and sea conditions.
- Any cancellations by Byron Bay Dive Centre will result in a refund or reschedule where possible.
- Cancellations or ‘no shows’ within our 48-hour cancellation policy will result in a 100% cancellation fee, no re-schedules allowed.
- Minimum age for snorkel tours is 5 years old.
- Minimum age for dive tours is 12 years old.
- All participants must be able to speak and understand English for all tours and courses.
- No expectant mothers are allowed to participate in diving tours. No expectant mothers 6 months + are permitted to participate in snorkel tours. (1-5 months is dependent on ocean conditions and expectant mother’s health).
- Introductory divers aged 45 years and over are required to obtain a dive medical before participating.
- All dive courses; anyone under 15 years of age or 45 years of age and over are required to obtain a dive medical before the course starts.
- Our tours are not recommended for individuals with back problems.
- Anyone with a serious medical condition must contact us prior to booking to determine suitability for the tour and if a medical is required.
- If you are prone to seasickness please see a doctor or pharmacist before the tour, no refunds are issued due to seasickness.
- If you require medication on board e.g. EpiPen or asthma inhaler you must bring this with you, you will not be permitted on the tour without it if required.
- All participants must bring swimwear and a towel.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises of Byron Bay Dive Centre.
- We do not have any onsite parking, please refer to our parking map below for the best place to park.
Byron Bay Dive Centre are the best in The Bay, not only will they get you suited and booted with top gear, their legendary fully qualified crew will guide you through the incredible reefs and marine life down below.
Taking fins to the face from other scuba diving chancers hoping to get a selfie with a turtle is highly unlikely on this one. Small groups are on the cards, plenty of open water to explore and chill vibes all round.
Scuba Diving with Byron Bay Dive Centre is one of our most popular products and with limited spaces available on each tour, we recommend booking this one in advance. so don’t hang around, get your place booked.
Awesome dive, great team was a pleasure. Did a drift dive from the North to the South of Julian Rocks. Tom was our guide and Dive Master. Great job. The skipper Dennis took us out and returned us to shore. Can highly recommend even if you are a solo diver, they can accommodate you!