Fraser Island Day Tour
(From Rainbow Beach)
Planning a quick trip to Fraser Island? We thought so. That’s why you’re checking out the options to do a day tour. The question is now… Which tour do I choose? As you navigate around our site you’ll see a variety of great options for exploring the Island of K’Gari. The reason this tour is so unique is that it departs from Rainbow Beach (If you haven’t visited Rainbow Beach already then you’re in for a treat).
LIVE BOOKING AND AVAILABILITY
Fraser Island Day Trip Itinerary:
Begin with a pick up from your Rainbow Beach accommodation
Travel to Central Station once a busy logging station that was the heartbeat of the Island
Continue on to Wanggoolba Creek and explore the King ferns and lush subtropical rainforest canopy
Next up is Lake McKenzie, Fraser Island’s famous fresh water lake
Travel down 75 Mile Beach Fraser Island’s iconic beach highway. Keep a lookout out for wildlife as well as light aircraft, taking off and landing right on the beach.
Relax at Eli Creek and float down this idyllic lazy river
Check out the Maheno Shipwreck. Washed ashore in 1935, take a look around this incredible wreck
Marvel at the Pinnacles and learn the dreamtime stories of how these beautiful cliffs were formed
Departs Fraser Island approx 4.00pm
Arrive back to your Rainbow Beach accommodation between 4.30pm and 5.00pm
*Tour itinerary and visitation to all attractions is subject to the island’s conditions, tides, weather and National Park permit constrictions.
Pick ups available from Rainbow Beach accommodation.
Pick up and drop off from Rainbow Beach accommodation
National Park fees and levies
Foreign language guide app
Return ferry transfers
Scenic Flight (Optional)
Sunglasses and hat
TOUR ITINERARY AND TRAVELLING CONDITIONS
- Tour itinerary may change due to tides and weather conditions.
- All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- As this tour is off-road, we recommend that pregnant travellers or people with existing medical conditions seek medical advice before booking this tour.
- Travellers need to be independently mobile to access and disembark the 4WD buses and all tour sites visited.
- Bookings cancelled more than 48 hrs prior to departure will incur no cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled between 24 – 48 hrs prior to departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled less than 24 hrs prior to departure or failure to board the tour will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Non utilised tour components will not be refunded.
The tour starts bright and early with various pick up locations around town so don’t worry about making your own way there.
This fully guided day tour from Fraser Explorer will see you board the ferry from the Inskip Point. Here, if you’re not already entertained by watching the 4WD Newbies get stuck in the sand then take a peek out the window and look out for bottlenose dolphins or migrating humpback whales (seasonal).
Once on the island you will be transported overland in a custom built 4WD coach from sand dune to rainforest and everywhere in between. Your guide and group will be cracking jokes and taking snaps throughout the day, making this trip one to remember.
Whilst this is only a 1 Day Fraser Island Tour, it has a brilliant bang for buck ratio. Included in your trip is a local guide, lush lunch and all the mandatory island fees & charges.
We’d recommend this trip for just about everyone but If you are looking for a wild party or down and dirty adventure then this trip probably isn’t for you.
This is an epic all-rounder. Embrace Fraser Islands history, wildlife and culture.
Such an informative trip with so much included. We felt we got a great look at the island. Totally worth it!