Fraser Island Premium Day Tour
(From Hervey Bay)
So you’re keen as a bean to head over to the biggest sand island in the world but you don’t have 2, 3, 4 or more days to throw at it? Well, you’re in the right place. This premium day tour is the best way to spend your day on the island... With a little bit more luxury.
LIVE BOOKING AND AVAILABILITY
Premium Day Tour Itinerary:
Begin with a pick up from your Hervey Bay accommodation
Travel to Central Station once a busy logging station that was the heartbeat of the Island
Continue on to Wanggoolba Creek and explore the King ferns and lush subtropical rainforest canopy
Next up is Lake McKenzie, Fraser Island’s famous fresh water lake
Travel down 75 Mile Beach Fraser Island’s iconic beach highway. Keep a lookout out for wildlife as well as light aircraft, taking off and landing right on the beach.
Relax at Eli Creek and float down this idyllic lazy river
Check out the Maheno Shipwreck. Washed ashore in 1935, take a look around this incredible wreck
Marvel at the Pinnacles and learn the dreamtime stories of how these beautiful cliffs were formed
Departs Fraser Island approx 4.00pm
Arrive back to your Hervey Bay accommodation between 4.30pm and 5.00pm
*Tour itinerary and visitation to all attractions is subject to the island’s conditions, tides, weather and National Park permit constrictions.
Tour travels from Hervey Bay to River Heads for the 8.30am barge crossing to the Wanggoolba Creek landing on Fraser Island.
Tour departs Fraser Island on the 5pm barge back to River Heads and returns to Hervey Bay at approximately 6.00pm to drop you off to your accommodation.
Pick up and drop off from Hervey Bay accommodation
Intimate full-day guided 4WD tour with expert commentary
A la carte lunch
National Park fees and levies
Foreign language guide app
Return ferry transfers
Scenic Flight (Optional)
Sunglasses and hat
TOUR ITINERARY AND TRAVELLING CONDITIONS
- Tour itinerary may change due to tides and weather conditions.
- All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- As this tour is off-road, we recommend that pregnant travellers or people with existing medical conditions seek medical advice before booking this tour.
- Travellers need to be independently mobile to access and disembark the 4WD buses and all tour sites visited.
- Bookings cancelled more than 48 hrs prior to departure will incur no cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled between 24 – 48 hrs prior to departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled less than 24 hrs prior to departure or failure to board the tour will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Non utilised tour components will not be refunded.
This is a full on what-you-see is what-you-get kinda tour – It’s a premium quality, fully guided Fraser Island Day Tour that hits all the right kinds of hot-spots.
If you’re planning to make this trip solo, with the fam or taking your nan then this tour from Fraser Explorer is perfect to you.
Travel in a custom built air-conditioned 4WD coach overland across the largest sand island on the planet. Lake Mckenzie, Maheno Shipwreck & Eli Creek are just a few of the iconic locations you’ll stop at as you make your way around the historical Island, K’Gari.
Return ferry transfers, cheesy jokes and a beautiful lunch at the Eurong Beach Resort are all included so if this trip sounds like your kind of thing, sit back and relax as you enjoy the very best that Fraser Island has to offer.
This tour departs from Hervey Bay only, if you’d rather start and finish at Rainbow Beach then why not check out our other Fraser Island day tours.
Lake Mackenzie was definitely the highlight of the trip. Great tour guide, very informative. A must do!!