Byron Bay Dive Centre
Learn to Dive Course
If a Learn To Dive Course in Byron Bay is something you're spending your day pondering look no further. This will be one of the best things you ever do. Don't believe us? Click 'More Info' below and find out just why you need to get this booked in.
LIVE BOOKING AND AVAILABILITY
Learn to Dive Itinerary:
Learn to Dive at one of Australia’s most famous dive sites, Julian Rocks.
Become a certified Open Water Diver, it’s a game changer.
Length: 3 Day Course
Skill Level: Beginner
Course is a mixture of classroom, pool and open water work
Qualified dive instructors guide you from start to finish
Dive alongside leopard sharks, manta rays, beautiful corals and schooling fish (season permitting)
Fully heated training pool, custom built diving vessel & all diving gear included
A dive medical is not compulsory in New South Wales however there are some medical conditions that may prevent you participating in a scuba dive these include the following:
Lung damage or disorders including a history of asthma or recent congestion
High blood pressure
Low blood pressure
Diabetes and epilepsy
Ear disorders and damage
If you are under 15 or over 45 years of age you will also be required to complete a dive medical.
If any of these apply please let us know.
Once you booked in the date for your dive training you will be able to access the theory component of your course. Please allow 4 – 5 hours to complete this training in one session, alternatively you may log out at any time and complete the theory in stages. Please be aware that failure to complete this theory before starting your course may result in your exclusion without refund from the course.
It is also your responsibility to load a passport style photo onto your diver profile as certifications cannot be issued without one.
Please also note that any and all cancellations to an Open Water Course will incur a $75.00 non refundable deposit.
7 day cancellation policy. This means that if you need to cancel or change a booking for any reason, we need to know 7 days before the activity is due to commence. If cancellation or change is made after that time, we charge a 100% cancellation fee. If this is a problem, please contact us immediately.
Not suitable for children under 12 years
$795.00 for courses from Monday 21st December 2020 until Sunday 17th January 2021
Courses start every Tuesday and Friday at 8am
Make own way and check in at Byron Bay Dive Store
Diving schedules vary on diving days (Weds-Thurs & Sat-Sun) and will be discussed on arrival
Open Water Certificate, All Dive Gear, Fully Qualified instructors
Approx $99.00 for dive medical if required.
- All participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water for all tours, no exceptions.
- If you have not snorkelled before you will be required to complete a snorkel lesson before the tour commences.
- All certified divers must provide proof of certification.
- All tours are dependent on sea and weather conditions being suitable on the day.
- Short notice cancellations can occur due to changes in weather and sea conditions.
- Any cancellations by Byron Bay Dive Centre will result in a refund or reschedule where possible.
- Cancellations or ‘no shows’ within our 48-hour cancellation policy will result in a 100% cancellation fee, no re-schedules allowed.
- Minimum age for snorkel tours is 5 years old.
- Minimum age for dive tours is 12 years old.
- All participants must be able to speak and understand English for all tours and courses.
- No expectant mothers are allowed to participate in diving tours. No expectant mothers 6 months + are permitted to participate in snorkel tours. (1-5 months is dependent on ocean conditions and expectant mother’s health).
- Introductory divers aged 45 years and over are required to obtain a dive medical before participating.
- All dive courses; anyone under 15 years of age or 45 years of age and over are required to obtain a dive medical before the course starts.
- Our tours are not recommended for individuals with back problems.
- Anyone with a serious medical condition must contact us prior to booking to determine suitability for the tour and if a medical is required.
- If you are prone to seasickness please see a doctor or pharmacist before the tour, no refunds are issued due to seasickness.
- If you require medication on board e.g. EpiPen or asthma inhaler you must bring this with you, you will not be permitted on the tour without it if required.
- All participants must bring swimwear and a towel.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises of Byron Bay Dive Centre.
- We do not have any onsite parking, please refer to our parking map below for the best place to park.
Sven just met the love of his life in Byron Bay. They’re a scuba diving, ocean loving, all-round babe. Whilst sipping an ice cold Stone & Wood at The Beach Hotel, Sven has a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead and it ain’t from the summer sunshine.
This scuba diving ocean loving mega-babe has just invited Sven to join them on an invite only all expenses paid scuba diving excursion leaving in 5 days time. It’s at this point Sven realises he f#*ked up. Over a couple of beers he may have over exaggerated his ability as a waterman. Sven… can’t… dive.
Sven quickly makes an excuse and heads to the bathroom. Thanks to his half-cut quick thinking, he jumps on the Happy Travels homepage and finds a 3 day Open Water Learn To Dive Course with Byron Bay Dive Centre. A couple of clicks later and Sven is booked in for the following morning. He freshens up and returns back to the table, with a cheeky smile and a beer in hand, Sven locks in his second date.
Be like Sven. Book your learn to dive course now.
Had the most amazing experience doing my Open water dive course with the crew at Byron Bay Dive Centre. I not only learnt so much in the 3 days we were there, but Kaine our instructor and the rest of the team made the whole course so much fun that I was sad when it came to an end on Sunday.!