Intro Scuba Dive
Byron Bay Dive Center
So you’ve done a bit of snorkelling before? You’re a confident swimmer? AND you’ve got no pre or existing medical conditions? Well then, stop dilly-dallying around the edge of the pool and dive into your next adventure with an Intro Dive in Byron Bay at Julian Rocks Marine Park.
LIVE BOOKING AND AVAILABILITY
Intro Dive itinerary:
Meet at Byron Bay Dive Centre
Mandatory Safety Briefing and Paperwork
Gear Up (All equipment included)
1.5 hrs confined water training and basic theory
Transfer down to launch site
Boat ride out to Julian Rocks
1 Open Water training dive
Return back to shore
Transfer back to Dive Centre
Not suitable for children under 12 years
All participants must be able to swim
Disclaimer: Please note that for all courses you will require a dive medical if you are 45 years and over. You may also require a dive medical if you have a medical condition. Please contact us prior to booking to discuss if a medical will be required. All medicals must be completed prior to the first day of the course. For all courses, all participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the ocean. It is required that you can speak and understand English for all courses. Please see Byron Bay Dive Centres passenger policy for more details.
*Please note that instructors have the right to make a final decision based on safety precautions of whether or not it is suitable for students to dive in the open ocean according to their level of comfort in the confined water training session.
No Pick Up Provided
Departs 9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay
All bookings MUST reconfirm 24hrs in advance.
Boat ride out to Julian’s Rock
1.5 hrs confined water training and basic theory
1 Open Water Dive
Full Equipment hire
Certificate of recognition
Underwater Camera (Optional)
Dive medical (if required)
- All participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water for all tours, no exceptions.
- If you have not snorkelled before you will be required to complete a snorkel lesson before the tour commences.
- All certified divers must provide proof of certification.
- All tours are dependent on sea and weather conditions being suitable on the day.
- Short notice cancellations can occur due to changes in weather and sea conditions.
- Any cancellations by Byron Bay Dive Centre will result in a refund or reschedule where possible.
- Cancellations or ‘no shows’ within our 48-hour cancellation policy will result in a 100% cancellation fee, no re-schedules allowed.
- Minimum age for snorkel tours is 5 years old.
- Minimum age for dive tours is 12 years old.
- All participants must be able to speak and understand English for all tours and courses.
- No expectant mothers are allowed to participate in diving tours. No expectant mothers 6 months + are permitted to participate in snorkel tours. (1-5 months is dependent on ocean conditions and expectant mother’s health).
- Introductory divers aged 45 years and over are required to obtain a dive medical before participating.
- All dive courses; anyone under 15 years of age or 45 years of age and over are required to obtain a dive medical before the course starts.
- Our tours are not recommended for individuals with back problems.
- Anyone with a serious medical condition must contact us prior to booking to determine suitability for the tour and if a medical is required.
- If you are prone to seasickness please see a doctor or pharmacist before the tour, no refunds are issued due to seasickness.
- If you require medication on board e.g. EpiPen or asthma inhaler you must bring this with you, you will not be permitted on the tour without it if required.
- All participants must bring swimwear and a towel.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises of Byron Bay Dive Centre.
- We do not have any onsite parking, please refer to our parking map below for the best place to park.
Julian Rocks is a world renowned, top-notch bucket lister for snorkelers and divers alike. No trip to Byron Bay would be complete without stopping off to check it out.
What is an Intro Dive in Byron Bay we hear you say? Well. Simply put, this is the definition of a ‘try before you buy’ kinda vibe. So, instead of committing 3 days or more and dropping a few hundred bucks on a Learn To Dive Course, instead you can do a 1 day Intro Dive. Whilst you won’t be a qualified scuba diver by the end of this, you’ll get a real taste for life underwater.
You’ll experience what it’s like to dive down and see the magnificent underwater world without breaking the bank. This way, you’ll still be blowing bubbles but you won’t be blowing your budget.
Give it a go, tick it off the list and we bet you’ll be back to book your next one sooner than you think.
Great dive experience! The staff know what they’re doing. Saw some great stuff – heaps of sharks, rays and turtles. And Alex was a great dive guide.