Snorkel With Turtles
Drop your Acai bowl and your selfie stick for one second, there's more to Byron Bay than meets the eye. Ignite your inner Attenborough with a guided 2.5 hr Byron Bay turtle snorkel experience. Come face to face with giant rays, friendly sharks and sea turtles as they travel down the EAC to Julian Rocks.
LIVE BOOKING AND AVAILABILITY
Snorkel With Turtles Tour Itinerary:
Meet at Byron Bay Dive Centre
Mandatory Safety Briefing and Paperwork
Gear Up (Fins, Mask, Snorkel & Wetsuit included)
Transfer down to launch site
Boat ride out to Julian Rocks
Snorkel up to 60 minutes
Return back to shore
Transfer back to Dive Centre
Not suitable for children under 5 years
All participants must be able to swim
Please note all customers with no prior snorkelling experience will be required to complete a snorkel lesson prior to the tour commencing. This is a free snorkel lesson at the Dive Centre’s on-site heated pool that will start 30 minutes prior to your meeting time. Failure to arrive 30 minutes before the tour for this lesson will result in you not being able to participate and no refund will be given.
Those without a lot of experience or who are wanting to get acquainted with the equipment are also welcome to participate at no charge.
No Pick Up Provided
Departs 9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay
All bookings MUST reconfirm 24hrs in advance.
Boat ride out to Julian’s Rock
Up to 60 minutes of snorkelling time
Snorkel guide to show you around
Full Equipment hire (mask, snorkel, fins and wetsuit)
Free snorkel lesson (if required)
Underwater Camera (Optional)
- All participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water for all tours, no exceptions.
- If you have not snorkeled before you will be required to complete a snorkel lesson before the tour commences.
- All certified divers must provide proof of certification.
- All tours are dependent on sea and weather conditions being suitable on the day.
- Short notice cancellations can occur due to changes in weather and sea conditions.
- Any cancellations by Byron Bay Dive Centre will result in a refund or reschedule where possible.
- Cancellations or ‘no shows’ within our 48-hour cancellation policy will result in a 100% cancellation fee, no re-schedules allowed.
- The minimum age for snorkel tours is 5 years old.
- The minimum age for dive tours is 12 years old.
- All participants must be able to speak and understand English for all tours and courses.
- No expectant mothers are allowed to participate in diving tours. No expectant mothers 6 months + are permitted to participate in snorkel tours. (1-5 months is dependent on ocean conditions and expectant mother’s health).
- Introductory divers aged 45 years and over are required to obtain a dive medical before participating.
- All dive courses; anyone under 15 years of age or 45 years of age and over are required to obtain a dive medical before the course starts.
- Our tours are not recommended for individuals with back problems.
- Anyone with a serious medical condition must contact us prior to booking to determine suitability for the tour and if a medical is required.
- If you are prone to seasickness please see a doctor or pharmacist before the tour, no refunds are issued due to seasickness.
- If you require medication onboard e.g. EpiPen or asthma inhaler you must bring this with you, you will not be permitted on the tour without it if required.
- All participants must bring swimwear and a towel.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises of Byron Bay Dive Centre.
- We do not have any onsite parking, please refer to our parking map below for the best place to park.
Don’t worry, we get it you didn’t travel to Byron in your flippers and snorkel. Everything’s included, boat ‘n all so with plenty of daily departures and only a 5-minute ride from shore, you’ve really got no excuse.
The legends at Byron Bay Dive Centre accommodate all levels of swimming ability. It doesn’t matter if you’re a fish out of water or a full-blown mermaid/merman. As long as no floaties are required, you’re good to rock ‘n roll.
When the crew at Byron Bay Dive Centre aren’t guiding you in the water you’ll likely find them volunteering for the NSW Rural Fire Service or operating beach cleans with our friends at Positive Change For Marine Life. You would be hard up to find a local independent company that cares more about the planet as these guys.
Julian Rocks is widely considered to be one the best dive and snorkel sites in Australia. To have the opportunity to snorkel here for under 100 big ones? We think that’s pretty spesh.
Byron Bay Snorkel With Turtles. It really is as good as it sounds.
“Saw turtles and whales and rays and other sea life! The crew was lovely and lots of fun. The skipper took us on a quick detour to look at some whales too”