Top 5 Fastest Whitsundays Sailing Boats
The Whitsundays Islands is on every single backpackers Australian East Coast bucket list. Found in the heart of The Great Barrier Reef, home to the best beach in Australia; Whitehaven Beach, it is known as paradise an hour off the coast of Airlie Beach. As well as this famous, bucket-list spot, the Whitsundays is popular for its enviable position on the largest coral reef system in the world, the Great Barrier Reef. Boasting some of the best snorkelling and diving in Australia this is not to be missed.
There’s so many different ways to see the Whitsundays Islands, ranging from scenic flights to jet ski tours. Arguably the best way to see the tropical islands is to do a Whitsundays sailing trip.
With over 70 different boats on the Whitsundays it can get a little confusing trying to find the perfect boat. For those speed demons out there, living in the fast lane, here’s a quick guide to the 5 fastest sailing boats on the Whitsunday Islands.
- Apollo 3 Day 2 Night – This is the most popular maxi sailing yacht on the Whitsundays and also one of the quickest out there, a winner of the famous Sydney to Hobart race, converted to a chartered Whitsundays sailing trip. Apollo takes 26 people on a three day and two night tour of the best the Whitsundays has to offer in a very unique way. This is one of the few boats that still offer a full three days tour AND includes a FREE introductory scuba dive for those who want to see the most the Whitsundays has to offer. For those certified divers out there you can adventure into the depths at night and do a night dive on the great barrier reef which is an experience not to be missed. This boat has something for everyone whether you want to party with new friends or chill and relax on the deck catching a tan, you can’t go wrong with the speedster that is Apollo.
- Broomstick 2 Day 2 Night – This maxi sailing yacht is the youngest (and sexiest) maxi out on the Whitsundays. Built in South Africa, “Broomy” has competed in some of the worlds most famous blue water races, such as Cape Town to Rio and Sydney to Hobart. Only being converted to Whitsundays sailing charter in 2001 it’s still considered a young gun out on the waters. Broomstick takes 25 passengers on a two day and two night speedy sailing tour of the Whitsunday Islands hitting up all your must see spots and activities. For those avid sailers out there you can be really hands on and help sail, or if you just fancy to chill and relax then kick back as your capable and fun crew do all the leg work for you! A great option for those wanting to experience the Whitsundays in style.
- Condor 2 Day 2 Night – Known as “The Big Bird”, Condor is one of the biggest and quickest maxi Whitsundays sailing yachts. Built in 1981 in England, Condor is one of the most famous maxi racing boats of all time. A winner of virtually all major ocean racing events, not once but twice! To this day Condor still competes in races, taking part in the annual Hamilton Island Race Week. Most of the year it takes 29 passengers on an unforgettable experience around the Whitsunday Islands. Passengers on Condor can expect a fun filled 2 day and 2 night sailing tour of the paradise islands and The Great Barrier Reef. Remember, a faster boat means you do and see more. This makes Condor one of the quickest and best boats on the water.
- Avatar 2 Day 2 Night – The Whitsunday Island’s only chartered trimaran, Avatar is one of the most unique boats out there. Built for speed and perfect for relaxing, thanks to its two big nets; made for sunbathing in the day or stargazing at night. This is the perfect boat for those who just can’t decide between speed and comfort, or to party or relax. For two days and two nights Avatar takes a 26 passengers on an unforgettable trip around the tropical islands. This is a favourite for solo travellers and couples alike, thanks to a variety of sleeping options. From a single bed, to a double, to sleeping on the nets under the stars. Avatar is an awesome option for those wanting a rapid racing boat that doesn’t compromise on comfort.
- Hammer 2 Day 1 Night – “The Hamster” is perfect for those wanting a swift maxi sailing experience on a shorter schedule. This boat sails in style for two days and one night, taking 25 passengers on a whirlwind Whitsundays sailing trip in style. Departing early morning and returning late afternoon on the second day, it is a dream for those with a tighter schedule or budget still wanting to see best the Whitsundays has to offer. Hammer can give its siblings (Condor and Broomstick) a serious run for their money, often competing in races with them during their chartered Whitsundays tours.
Whichever boat stands out best, our travel experts are here to help you tailor the best experience for you. You can give us a call if on 02 6685 8876 and speak to one of our friendly crew to help guide you through it. Or if you’d prefer, send an email to email@example.com or you can jump on our live chat.
*Use ONLINE ONLY discount code HAPPY100 to receive $100 discount off any overnight Whitsundays sailing trip. Valid on all online bookings made until the end of August. Terms and conditions apply, please contact our online team for more information.